Who are SCL?
The BTEC based education programme is delivered by our Partners SCL, an approved BTEC Centre.
SCL's focus on quality has been recognised and has led to:
- A government-approved post-16 education provider in the sport & active leisure sector
- Been GRADED as 2 by OFSTED through our partnership work with colleges and local authorities
- Engaged with over 100 colleges, employers, sports clubs and universities as programme partners
- Matrix accredited
What Will I Study?
- BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Sport
- BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport (2 A Level Equivalent)
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (3 A Level Equivalent)
What Are The Entry Requirements for the Level 3 Extended?
5 GCSES Levels 1-4 preferably one Maths or English to study a Level 3 Course.
What Happens If I don't Meet the Requirements?
Here at The Football Education Academy, we appreciate exams can be a tough and stressful period for students, although our entry requirements for our BTEC Extended Diploma in sport are in place, students who do not meet the 5 GCSE's 1-4 but meet the 3 GCSE's 1-4 are able to study the Level 3 Diploma in Sport (equal to two A Level's). Any student who falls below the 3 GCSE's Levels 1-4 will be enrolled onto a Level 2 Diploma in Sport. Students who do not gain a 4 or above in English or Maths will retake those subjects with us and will have access to all learning materials and will be re-entered for the exams. We pride ourselves on a learning environment that is unique & inclusive to allow all types of students to succeed and thrive.
Where do Lessons Take Place?
Education elements take place at our official classroom partner, Lakehall Village Hall. All educational elements will take place within Lakehall, which is in prime location from the 3G Training Pitch where all practical elements take place.